tOM KRIS & SONS Plumbing Tips
The kitchen is common place for most plumbing problems. You have the Sink faucets and drains, garbage disposals and dishwashers are all linked to your home’s plumbing and drain system. The kitchen area is typically the most common in need of maintenance, repair or replacement at some point. TK and Sons Plumbing recommend these simple tips to avoid major plumbing issues and to help maintain the plumbing in your home.
Run cold water down the drain for 15 seconds before and after using the garbage disposal to thoroughly clean & clear out the disposal unit.
- Never put dense, stringy or fibrous material down your drain. Avoid putting poultry skins, fruit and vegetable peels and bones into the disposal.
- Dispose of oil and grease in the trash. Never put oil or grease down the drain as they can cause drain clogs.
- Always check and if needed clean your faucet aerators to ensure optimum water pressure.
- Routinely check and clean your dishwasher to make sure it is free of food scraps and grease to eliminate odor and buildup.
These precautionary measures will help prolong the longevity of your kitchen’s plumbing and can ultimately protect you from potential plumbing problems.
The bathrooms in your home see a great deal of use day in and day out. When things aren’t properly maintained, plumbing issues occur and if these issues are ignored they become plumbing problems . TK and Sons Plumbing offer these helpful tips to keep your bathroom plumbing flowing properly.
- Repair leaky faucets and fixtures to avoid damage and costly water bills.
- Be sure to pay close attention to your toilets. Don’t ignore a leak or a toilet that constantly runs. If this sounds familiar turn off the water and call TK and Sons to diagnose the issue and get the necessary repairs.
- Be sure to run hot water down your bathroom sink drains weekly to help keep them free-flowing and clear of build up.
- Fit showers and tubs with strainers to catch hair and soap, and be sure to clean them regularly.
- Even though your toilet is round and resembles a trash can, remember your toilet is not a trash can. Do not flush sanitary products, tissues, cotton balls or diapers, as they can and will cause drain clogs.
These simple tips will keep your bathroom’s plumbing flowing smoothly! But always remember TK and Sons is always available to help with bathroom plumbing maintenance and repairs.
What a nightmare it would be if all of the laundry in your home started to pile up because the water from your washing machine suddenly didn’t drain properly. The fact is most households rely heavily on their laundry plumbing systems working properly; therefore, it is so important to maintain them. TK and Sons suggests these few simple tips to help prevent the plumbing problems and flooding that can occur in your laundry room.
- Be sure to inspect your hot and cold washing machine hoses. For best result replace your rubber hoses with stainless steel braided hoses. The stainless steel hoses last more than twice as long as the rubber hoses and are more resistant to leaks and cracks.
- Consider replacing an older model washing machine with a more energy and water efficient front-loader.
- Be sure to only run your washing machine when it has a full load.
- Make sure all of your drains have strainers to keep hair, soap and debris from creating clogs.
- Use a strainer on your washing machine hose to prevent lint from entering the drain line.
- Install a flood alarm to alert you when water from a washing machine leaks.
- Be sure to check your pipes under your sinks for signs of leaks.
- Be sure to have your water heater flushed every 12 months. Flushing your water heater on a 12 month schedule will improve heating efficiency by removing buildup and reducing the need for an untimely water heater installation.
Simple laundry room plumbing maintenance will ultimately help prevent plumbing problems and keep that laundry pile up from becoming a reality. TK and Sons Plumbing is very knowledgeable and able to provide laundry plumbing maintenance and repair.
outside your home
Though we typically think of plumbing only inside of our homes and businesses, the plumbing outside is equally important. TK and sons plumbing has put together some simple tips to ensure that the plumbing outside of your home is maintained as well as the plumbing within.
- Clear leaves and debris from yard drains, gutters and downspouts.
- Check plumbing vent pipes for bird nests and other debris.
- Check faucets and hose bibs to make sure water flows freely. If you discover an outdoor leak, a pipe may have cracked and needs to be repaired.
- Have your septic tank inspected and pumped every 3-5 years to ensure proper operation.
Following these simple and easy outdoor sewer and drain maintenance tips will not only help maintain the functionality of your home’s plumbing, but should also save you from costly preventable repairs. If you would like outdoor plumbing assistance or are in need of any other plumbing or drain service, don’t hesitate to call TK and Sons Plumbing.
READ MORE GOOGLE REVIEWs